Scouting for Food is the largest single day door to door food collection event in Dallas and one of the largest in the nation. On Saturday, February 11, approximately 30,000 Scouts will go door-to-door collecting non-perishable food items for needy families and individuals. The food is then distributed to local food pantries across Circle Ten Council. Tom Thumb has sponsored this food drive for 29 years, and also collects food donations at their locations throughout the entire month of February! There is no better way for our Scouts in the Blackland Prairie District to do a good turn for others than by participating in Scouting for Food — Sign up your Unit to participate!
The Blackland Prairie District would like to encourage EVERY UNIT to participate in Scouting for Food this year. On Saturday, February 11, your Scouts will collect the non-perishable goods and take them to North Dallas Shared Ministries located at 2875 Merrell Road. This great agency provides a tremendous service to needy families in the Blackland Prairie District, and DEPENDS on our Scouts to fully stock their food pantry each Spring.
1. Please download the map of available Areas (pdf file)
2. Review and select 1-2 Areas for your Unit.
3. Email Nancy Burke with your preference.
4. The Scouting for Food Bags and Informational Flyers are available for you to pick up at her house located at 4637 Hallmark Dr, Dallas, Texas 75229.
5. Distribute bags/flyers in your area
6. Pick Up bags and deliver to North Dallas Shared Ministried on Saturday, Feb 11
District Scouting for Food Chair: Nancy Burke, 214-986-6067 or email
Download BP Map to select your collection AREA here.
Sign up your Unit for bag distribution click here.
Download Scouting for Food Resource Guide click here.
For more information, visit Circle Ten's site here.
Drop Off Food at: North Dallas Shared Ministeries, 2875 Merrell Rd, Dallas, 75229